Everybody at White Clarke Technologies recognises the benefits of developing the business in an environmentally responsible and friendly manner, taking into account changing environmental issues and the need for compliance with legal requirements.
The company is committed to the prevention of pollution and the protection of the environment and recognizes that this is in the best interests of the organization, it’s employees and stakeholders, and that it contributes to a better quality of life, now and for future generations.
The company opposes waste of natural resources and makes every effort to conserve resources. It places high value on encouraging its staff to operate in an environmentally friendly manner.
The group’s activities, even though within the professional services industry, have an environmental impact at local, national and global levels, so it acknowledges that even small contributions to the preservation of the environment are important to pursue. It endeavours to conduct all business activities and operations in line with best environmental practice and seeks continual improvement in all group activities.
The company will achieve its goals through:
- Our aim to be efficient in our use of energy and natural resources and to reduce consumption within our offices, for instance in advising staff to switch off lights and appliances when not in use. In particular we have an ongoing program to phase out energy inefficient CPUs screens and printers and replace with energy-efficient versions
- Our encouragement of our staff, wherever it is possible and practical, to plan their work around public transport, to share transport and to minimize use of energy-intensive forms of transport. In particular, the company promotes a Cycle To Work Voucher Scheme, through which staff can purchase bicycles in a tax-efficient manner in order to cycle to work, and we also have a policy to use video and telephone conferencing as an alternative to travel where this is feasible, to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and to use rail in preference to car or air travel, where this is practical
- Our recycling of paper, cardboard, printer cartridges and drinks cans and generally minimizing waste
- Our recognition of our responsibility to manage redundant and obsolete equipment properly, by disposing of such to third party organizations wherever possible
- Our encouragement of the use of previously used paper within the internal operation
All staff must be aware of their responsibility to operate within the law and to apply principles of best environmental practice.